770 Cochituate Road
Framingham, MA 01701
CEO: Carol Meyrowitz
Stock Symbol: TJX
TJX operates a national chain of discount retail clothing and home furnishing stores made up of the following brands - T.J. Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, and A.J. Wright Stores in the United States, Winners, HomeSense and StyleSense in Canada, and T.K. Maxx and Homesense in Europe.
The company's target customer is a middle to upper-middle income shopper, who is fashion and value-conscious and fits the same profile as a department store shopper.
The company's off-price mission is to deliver
a rapidly changing assortment of quality, brand name merchandise
at prices that are 20-60% less than department and specialty
store regular prices.
As of the beginning of December 2010, the Company operates 924 T.J. Maxx, 832 Marshalls, 336 HomeGoods, and 162 A.J. Wright stores in the United States. In Canada, the Company operates 212 Winners, 82 HomeSense and 3 STYLESENSE stores, and in Europe, 307 T.K. Maxx and 24 HomeSense stores.
The company announced in December it would close its A.J. Wright division resulting in 71 stores being closed and 91 stores converted to either T.J. Maxx, Marshalls or Homegoods. Also closing are A.J. Wright headquarters and two distribution centers with a total of 4,000 jobs being eliminated.
For the fiscal year ending January 30, 2010 TJX had net sales of $20.28 billion, up 7% from the previous year. Net income was $1.2 billion.
- Life Insurance
- Vision Discount Program
- Vacation, Sick Time, Holidays, and Floating Holidays
- Personal, Medical and Bereavement Leaves
- Savings/Profit Sharing 401(k) Plan
- Dependent Care Spending Account
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account
- Group Auto & Home Insurance
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Mortgage Discount Program
- College Savings Program
- Long Term Care Insurance
- Credit Union
- Scholarship Award Program
- Store Discounts
- Referral Bonus
- U.S. Savings Bonds
- Service Awards
Additional Corporate Home Office Benefits:
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Day Care Center
- TJX Activities Group (TAG)
- Friday Casual Days
- ATM & Stamp Machine
- Dry Cleaning
- Indoor Golf Driving Range with a Professional Golf Instructor
- Fitness Center
- Fitness Classes, such as Pilates, step, muscle conditioning,
yoga and spin
- Basketball Court
- Softball and Volleyball Leagues