U.S. Headquarters: 15 Hampshire Street
Mansfield, MA 02048
CEO: Richard Meelia
Stock Symbol: COV
Covidien is a leading manufacturer of medical devices and supplies, diagnostic imaging agents and pharmaceuticals. It is based in Dublin, Ireland with U.S. headquarters in Mansfield, MA.
- Advanced surgical tools and supplies
- Sutures and wound care products
- Needles and syringes
- Contrast media for diagnostic imaging
- Vascular therapy
- Respiratory care devices
- Generic pharmaceuticals
Covidien is made up of three business segments:
* Medical Devices - Includes endomechanical, soft tissue repair, energy, oximetry and monitoring, airway and ventilation, vascular, SharpSafety and clinical care products
* Pharmaceutical Products - Includes active pharmaceutical ingredients and dosage pharmaceuticals
* Medical Supplies - Includes nursing care, medical surgical and OEM products
Covidien was formerly Tyco Healthcare and was spunoff from Tyco Corporation in 2007 as an independent company. It has more than 42,000 employees worldwide in 60 countries, with products sold in over 140 countries.
More than two-thirds of employees work in 60 manufacturing facilities, located in 16 countries. In addition, over 4,800 sales representatives in more than 50 countries help meet customers’ needs every day.
The company spent nearly $450 million in R&D during 2010.
Revenues for 2010 were $10.4 billion